After releasing GTA III and GTA: Vice City, Rockstar Games finally finished remastering one of their best GTA games from the series, the San Andreas sequel. The game is already live on both Google Play Store and Amazon, ready for download if you can spare 2.4 gigabytes of storage space.
The storyline is the same one from 2004 involving the life of Carl Jonson and the journey he takes across San Andreas to save his family and restore Groove Street to its former glory. Fans of the series will be pleased to know that GTA San Andreas is more of a port than a remake. Everything that made the original game so popular is still here, every mission, plot twist and secret, including the vast open-world covering the state of San Andreas and its three major cities – Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas.
Luckily, Rockstar included couple of changes that should make the game more playable on mobile devices and tiny screens. First of all, they remastered the graphics, included additional lighting enhancements and bumped up the character models. Graphics are also customizable, so even older devices can run the game with pretty decent framerate, while high-end phones and tablets can enjoy playing the game in high definition. The control scheme features dual analog sticks for full camera and movement control that can also be customized, but what’s more important is that GTA: San Andreas fully supports external gamepads in both USB and Bluetooth variants. Finally, the developers added cloud save support, but to be able to use it, you first need to register your “Rockstar social account” here.
“Download failed because you may not have purchased this app”
Taking into account the this is the largest GTA game ever released on Android, it was bound to have some launch day problems like incompatible devices, slow servers and DRM check bugs. Give it a day or two, Rockstar is probably already working on ironing-out those minor bugs, or follow the link, grab your copy and hope for the best.
• Remastered, high-resolution graphics built specifically for mobile including lighting enhancements, an enriched color palette and improved character models.
• Cloud save support for playing across all your mobile devices for Rockstar Social Club Members.
• Dual analog stick controls for full camera and movement control.
• Three different control schemes and customizable controls with contextual options to display buttons only when you need them.
• Compatible with the MoGa Wireless Game Controllers and select Bluetooth and USB gamepads.
• Integrated with Immersion tactile effects.
• Tailor your visual experience with adjustable graphic settings.