Fortnite receives Patch v8.11
Epic games recently announced that patch version 8.11 is rolling out across all platforms. Among the bug fixes, there are couple of gameplay changes, one limited time mode, new events and a brand new gun called Flint-Knock.
The Flint-Knock is a flint gun with a bit of a kick. When fired, it will push you and whoever you hit around, so yes it has a strong kick (knock), but does a fair amount of damage too. Useful for lets say…. knocking someone off the platforms or a cliff… and stuff like that. It looks exactly like this:
Among all the tweaks and bug fixes (link to full changelog at the bottom), those are the ones that will affect mobile gamers the most:
LIMITED TIME MODE: ONE SHOT
Low Gravity. Every player has 50 health. Snipers are the only weapon and Bandages are the only healing item. Jump high and aim well!
- Gravity is set lower than normal.
- The Storm wait time has been greatly reduced in all phases of the game.
- The only weapons in this mode are Hunting Rifles and Sniper Rifles.
- Semi-Auto Snipers and Bounce Pads have been removed from the Vault in this mode.
- Players will spawn with 50 health, and can only heal if they find Bandages.
- Fixed an issue where full-screen support was not working on Samsung S10 devices.
- Fixed an issue preventing in-game surveys from appearing on mobile devices.
- These random surveys were added in the v8.10 update but were not appearing on mobile devices. Be sure to leave us your feedback if you receive one after a match.
- Fixed various mobile stability related issues.
- We’ll be monitoring their impact and continue investigating any additional issues. Let us know what you’re experiencing on our social channels.
- Greatly optimized bandwidth usage by eliminating transport of redundant information, particularly around inventory and ability updates.
- This should reduce networking-related hitching and de-sync issues, especially during combat.
For the full changelog and all the events introduced in this patch, tap here.
Unfortunately Fortnite is still not available on the Google Play Store. To install it visit fortnite.com/android on your Android phone or tablet.