Cuebox: 3D Pool, roll the balls in 3 dimensions
Let’s say you find yourself in outer space and you also happen to carry all the materials necessary to build a large box with holes in each corner. Now imagine yourself inside that box with 8 or 9 colorful balls, a cue ball and a cue stick. That’s Cuebox: 3D Pool in a nutshell.
3D pool games are nothing new, they’ve been around since the mid 90’s. While they do simulate full 3D environment, the nature of our world dictates that the game itself must be played on a 2D plane (unless you do something stupid). Knowing this, the developers from “3rd World Games” decided to break this rule and let the balls fly freely by removing the gravity.
Other than this “tiny” detail though, Cuebox: 3D feels and plays like a regular game of pool. You can play both 8-ball and 9-ball games against AI controlled opponent on 3 difficulty levels or against one of your friends in the “hot seat” mode. Number of settings like pocket size and guidelines can be changed if you find the game too easy or too difficult to play. The main view camera accompanied by 3 additional ones will make sure you get a solid overview on the table or track your shots from all the different angles.
Cuebox: 3D Pool was released today on the Android Play Store and can be yours for $3.88. If you like to try a game of pool in zero gravity, follow the link below.[tab:Download] [tab:Screenshots]
* Billiards without gravity in 3D.
* Beautiful HD graphics.
* 6 tables with different shapes, sizes and location of the pockets.
* Customise game looks selecting table themes and balls style.
* Simple controls resembling typical pool games.
* Adjust touch sensitivity.
* Apply handicap with 5 aiming lines lengths.
* 6 camera movement modes to show the table after shot.
* Fish-eye option that gives interesting visual effect.
* Statistics displaying progress of your game, including accuracy.