Brunel’s ss Great Britain, the Science Museum and Aardman Animations have joined forces to make this addictive ship building puzzle game. Let Isambard Kingdom Brunel himself be your guide as you create ships to solve the same challenges which the great engineer faced when designing the ss Great Britain.
Choose your ship’s hull material (wood or iron), engine, fuel and propulsion mechanism to overcome the challenges posed by Brunel. The better you do, the more investor confidence, and so cash, you’ll earn; giving you more funds to design bigger and better ships!
Become a great problem solver just like Brunel, and take inspirations from his determination, resilience, perseverence and his ability to learn from his mistakes.
• Eight ship building challenges posed by your guide, Brunel.
• Discover the capabilities of iron versus wood in the construction of your ship.
• Explore the difference between paddles and the screw propeller.
• Earn investor confidence for bigger and more complex ships.
• Learn about the design and construction of the ss Great Britain.
• Find out about the history of the ss Great Britain and her working life.
• Can you build a ship to rival the ss Great Britain?