In a spectacular “What if?” style, History’s “The Great Martian War” offered a allegorical tale re-imaging the years 1913 to 1917 where the humankind waged a war against the extraterrestrial invaders. Now, for the first time in this universe, you have a chance to experience the battle first-hand in this brand new endless runner by “Secret Location”.
Confused? It’s quite simple, really. The Great Martian War is a game (endless runner) based on a movie set in a fictional (or alternative) timeline where humans are at war with the evil aliens. All you really need to know is how to swipe your finger across the screen and avoid incoming projectiles, land mines or even Martian tri-pods while running across the battlefield to complete your mission.
“It’s June 1913, and relations between Germany and the rest of Europe are tense. On June 28th, a massive shockwave rocks Europe—emanating from a single blast point in the heart of the German Empire. This looks like the beginning of the war everyone has been anticipating; however, it is the terrifying start of something much different. Playing as Gus Lafonde, a skillful scout and brave soldier determined to survive the Martian invasion, the player navigates vast battlefields—evading land mines, artillery strikes, tanks and terrifying Martian war machines. Along the way, Gus must collect rations and Victisite (the living metal that powers the alien machines) to unlock power-ups and complete his mission.”
And yes, it’s pretty hardcore compared to most other endless running games. On top of that it looks good, supports achievements, has unique power-ups and randomly generated levels that should provide sufficient variety while playing. The Great Martian War is free to download with optional IAPs in form of rations (the in-game currency) that can also be collected while playing. Now go ahead and check it out. Why? Because Aliens of course.
· Virtually endless gameplay: Randomly-generated levels allow for non-stop fun
· Visceral combat: Immersive 3D visuals and sound effects place you in the middle of the Martian War
· Massive scale: Escape through vast environments and exciting set pieces as you progress through 18 player levels
· Period-specific battle gear: Beat the odds with World War I-themed power-ups
· Achieve the impossible: In-game achievements challenge you to finish your mission and collect rewards
· Dynamic content: The Martian War universe is always expanding with ongoing content updates and new features!